Monday, November 1, 2010

It's been so long!

 I know it's been a crazy long time since I updated this thing so I decided to stop by and drop some info on the plans for the season and recent developments.

The Red
Me and Drew led a trip to the red last week and it was shweet! The trip was led through UTC outdoors so it wasn't all about us trying hard stuff but I still managed to climb some fun stuff and get lots of new climbers leading for the first time. The crew was solid and everyone was killing it and crushing their fears! I did climb one hard route, but only at the request of the guys who wanted to top rope it. It's a 12a called Scar Tissue out at the Zoo. From the ground I imagined myself hangdogging the whole thing and crying out in extreme pumpy pain, but I fared better than expected. I did the route with two rests (couldn't find a good clipping spot, then couldn't figure out the beta at the top). For an onsight attempt of something I thought I'd never be able to do I was pretty psyched, especially since I haven't been training routes AT ALL lately. So maybe this'll be the season where I shatter the barrier between 5.11 and 5.12. But right now is bouldering season!

I have three projects that are close to sending:
Jerry's Kids v7
Nose Candy v6
One % 5.12a

Which means that I NEED PROJECTS!!

That's right, I'm talking to you. If you know of cool boulder problems/routes in the greater Chattanooga area, hit me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment